Social Responsibility

Causes

D’Andre Insurance Group (DIG) supports initiatives to better the lives of children, families, and rescue animals. We are active participants in:

Society Issues

DIG led Independent child support research and advocacy - to increase awareness of this American crisis of payment defaults to women headed custodial parent households, and their children. The January 2018 US Census report finds that four out of five custodial households are headed by women. 22.4 million children under 21 years of age live in a household where one parent lived outside the household. This represents more than one-fourth of all children under 21 years of age and only 43.5 percent of custodial parents due to receive child support, received full support. States enforce an estimated $34 billion in child support a year. The most recent data in 2015 shows 59.8 percent received and the remaining 40.2 percent is added to the national child support debt arrears for all years outstanding which is now estimated at $116 billion. At DIG we see this as a national crisis.

 

FBI Miami Citizens Academy Alumni Association – in support of the FBI outreach community program. http://www.fbicaaamiami.org/

Silent Victims of Crime – supporting youth development for children whose parents or parents are incarcerated. http://silentvictimsofcrime.org/

Art and Education

Columbus Citizens Foundation – providing educational scholarships to children. https://www.columbuscitizensfd.org/

Young Patronesses of the Opera (Florida Grand Opera) – bringing classical arts to school children. http://www.ypo-miami.org/

Florida Grand Opera Guild – to promote the enjoyment of opera as a classic art. http://www.fgo.org/support-fgo/affiliate.shtml

Miami Salon Group – supporting the expression of arts in Miami and the surrounding area. http://nonprofits.findthecompany.com/l/1150309/Miami-Salon-Group-Inc. 

Animal Rescue

Paws 4 You – supporting no kill shelters and saving animals from euthanasia. http://www.paws4you.org/

South Florida’s Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
https://www.spca-sofla.org/

Humane Society of Greater Miami – supporting Animal Rescue. https://www.humanesocietymiami.org

Events

April 14: Silent Victims of Crime - Beauty with a Purpose

April 15: Here's Help Interview "Child Support Default Credit Crisis" - Y100 and 103.5 The Beat

May 12: Paws 4 You - $100,000 Raised